New Site Pro not working

Hi there,

I just started a new page, but it’s not possible to edit sites or posts with pro. I’m taken to the “content-menu”. When i click edit there nothing happens…

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

There is a random error appearing, but can’t the details due to redirection. Then there is a javascript error. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well?

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hi there,

thanks for your answer.

Bullets 1 to 6 had no effect. I installed the latest version and have no caching and no third-party plugins at the moment.

But 7. seems to have solved it. added the code you provided and now it works.

Am I right in guessing that after the next wp-update I’ll have to re-edit the wp-config.php file?

Thanks again!

one thing just cought my attention. The “back” button seems to have display-issues. It works but I don’t know if there is a bigger issue behind that. pls see image below:

Hi there,

You will not have any issues after the update of the theme, The theme update changes the files inside wp-content/themes/x/, the wp-config.php will be intact.

I have never seen a problem like that regarding the back button in Cornerstone. I guess this must be a problem of rendering the font awesome on your hosting service provider. Please follow the instruction below:

Thank you.

Thanks for your answer.
Sorry obviously i was unclear in my request. I meant updates to higher versions of Wordpress itself and not theme-updates.

And thanks for the instructions. I’ll try them once I’m back at work.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.