New setup for shop

I have a Ethos site up and running. I want to add a shop to it with same style as pic

Is it possible to have a separate menu with search bar in middle as in the pic. Also want a left side category menu with slider next to it and the cart only appearing on shop page. How close can I get to the design in the picture without altering the main blog pages?

Should I just setup a completely new shop site? Although I would like to keep the shop on the same blog site.

Hi there,

The view that you want needs a huge amount of customization of the PHP files and overriding the Header and Sidebar section.

Unfortunately, it is outside of our support scope and you will need to do it yourself or get help from a developer.

For the Header, it is possible to avoid customization if you use the Pro theme and the Header Builder. You will be able to add 2 different headers and assign one globally and the other one for the shop page.

I am not sure about the sidebar. The sidebar itself can be added to the shop page or product pages using the sidebar feature of the theme:

Then you can assign the Product categories widget to the sidebar that you create:

I am not sure if the view of that widget will be like the image you gave, most probably you will need some styling to do.

Adding the Slider to the Shop page is a little bit complicated. You will need to create the slider using the Revolution Slider plugin. Then copy the shortcode of the slider that you built to use in the next step:

https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-setup/#shortcode

Then you need to set up a child theme and in the functions.php file add the code below:

add_action('woocommerce_before_shop_loop', 'add_slider');

function add_slider() {

if ( is_shop() ) {
		echo do_shortcode('[rev_slider alias="church-home"]');
	}

}

In the code above replace [rev_slider alias="church-home"] with the shortcode of the slider you added.

Please kindly consider that all the information above is to give you an idea of how you need to proceed but unfortunately we will not be able to implement the customization for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.