New elements not working for me at all

I’m not sure how long it’s been since all of the Cornerstone editing changed dramatically and the older elements were re-labeled “classic” or completely removed.

Some of my pages have been completely messed up by these changes, but I figured I would try to start updating everything to the elements not labeled “classic” to keep things up to date. Problem is the new elements:

1. Don’t give me any kind of helpful preview.
  2. Don’t actually work - I fill out the content on the left in edit mode, hit save, and yet the page is completely empty.

What I see in edit mode on the right:

(I have multiple screenshots, but can only do one per post, so I’ll just add one more to keep it minimally spammy)

What I see on the saved page:

Hi There @cmureta

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. I see that you have Pro licenses, first make sure that you’re fully updated by referring to our version information here. Then once you update your Pro theme, you need to clear style cache by head over to Pro -> Settings page. Also if you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge server cache as well.

If you’re still having issues, then please check with the following as well.

Please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section. Then check the following server configurations.

• PHP Version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosts allows to switch PHP versions within the hosting control panel. If not, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to update.

• PHP Memory Limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512 MiB. You can increase it by following our guide here. Please check to see from WP-Serverinfo page whether it has been increased. Some hosting providers does not allow to increase it manually, so you will have to contact them directly.

• PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value of 120 or higher (300). Here’s how to increase that value (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

if you’re still experiencing this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for this!

So I’ve done the update and flushed the cache, and checked all the PHP configurations which were all already correct.

The new elements are working! But now my menus are the wrong size everywhere but my home page:
appempire.com vs. appempire.com/success-stories

I’ve checked obvious places like the typography settings under customize and the custom css area there as well, but I can’t figure out what’s making them so huge when the only change I’ve made is the update to X theme and flushing the cache.

Hi cmureta,

I am not sure why this is happening to your website. I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Go to X > Settings and click on Clear Style Cache button
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.