New Cornerstone Update: Editor No Longer Working

Hi,

We recently installed the new update for Themeco / Cornerstone. There are a host of issues and bugs that we are encountering:

• When editing a page, the menu becomes unresponsive - buttons no longer work. The URL's still change, but no content is displayed. The "Save" button also stops functioning; the only resolution is to refresh the page, but you lose your work.
  • Background colors aren't functioning. You can change the background colors for rows, columns, sections, etc. but it never displays, it stays transparent. Even manually writing the background color in CSS and calling the class in the row / column section under "customize" doesn't work. Calling the class from an element like Gap, however, does still work.
  • Classic Slider isn't functioning. Uploading images works, everything seems to work fine, until you save - but the slider doesn't display, it just vanishes. Everything is fine when you are editing, however.
  • In "Layout", we now have "Classic Rows" which do function, and if we create a row inside a section with a "Classic Row", it will create another "Classic Row". However, new sections create the "New" Rows, which aren't functioning and cause the site to lock up. We cannot find a way to distinguish or choose which type of Row to create.
  • Under "Manage Layout", the "Marginless Column" option doesn't seem to be working - turning it on or off doesn't affect the selected Row / Column.

Update: This morning, working with the editor for an hour has caused it to lock-up no less than 6 different times. It’s impossible to make content edits or work with the new editor.

Example:

Is there a way for us to remove the new update completely and roll back to the old until these issues are fixed?

Update: Setup a staging site so I could perform a clean install without any cache or possible conflicts with other plugins, and encountered this:

Update #2: I found a dropbox link from a Staff member that was shared a few weeks ago that contained the older version of Cornerstone. I removed the plugin and installed the old version, and it’s working seamlessly again. It looks as though the issue is specifically with the new version of Cornerstone. Please let us know when it’s fixed so we can update without losing all functionality. Thanks! :confounded:

Hey there,

The issues are mostly caused by caching, optimizations and customizations and not the new Cornerstone. I updated my test site and all is well.

Please try to increase your memory in your staging server then test again. Add this to your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If that doesn’t help, please give us WP admin and FTP access to your staging site in a Secure Note.

For your live site, please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.