New cornerstone update changed some of the shortcodes

I think some are already reported it but I will give you a screenshot so you will see what happened. I cant fix it because I cant use the new shortcodes until they can be implemented everywhere and not just not a single page via copy pasting.

I am attaching a screenshot so you will see the before and after. Please dont share it publicly.

Hi Bark,

Would you be able to share a URL where we can see that happening live? I’ve tested this on the latest version myself and I’m not able to reproduce that. Thanks!

Not right away, i have users online and I dont want them to see this mess. I restored the old version of cornerstone (I have backups), I just kept the theme updated. Maybe in a few hours when the traffic drops I will do it temporarily. Will you still be here?

Hi there,

What I can suggest you to do is to setup a staging version of your site which is a duplicate of the live site and do the update from there so that the live site will remain as is. Then you could provide us with the URL to the staging site so that we could check it.

Thank you.

I just updated cornerstone and I have the same issue again like you saw the screenshots. I took my website offline for 2 hours. Please reply that you are here and I will provide the url so you can see it for yourself.

The new cornerstone update affects the x feature list and x features box.

Hello There,

Could you at least provide the url even if you are using the older version of X and Cornerstone? By the way, after you have updated, did you cleared your plugin cache and site cache?

Thank you in advance.

No, I didnt clear the CDN cache and i a not convinced it is the cause of this. This is something to do with the update thats affecting the x feature shortcodes.

I will give a url to the site in a secure note, I am currently on the older version of cornerstone but I did update the theme.

When you take a look at the page please also tell me why all of cornerstone js files are pushed in the header and not in the footer.

Hi,

You need to update xtheme and cornerstone simultaneously to make sure that it’s compatible.

The latest version numbers are.

X Theme 5.2.3
Cornerstone 2.1.4

https://theme.co/changelog/

Kindly update Cornerstone to latest version.

Thanks

Oh my god, now im going to wait another 24 hours? I just told you there is a problem with the latest update, why are you asking to update again?

The problem I noticed here is that you dont read the full discussion but just the end. So I am going to repeat myself every time I make a new post. The new cornerstone update breaks x feature list and x feature list items. It pushes the x feaure item below the icon that is used in the x feature list. This is something you need to address. You asked for a url, I gave it. I also attached 2 screenshots showing the before and after effects of updating to the new cornerstone. About those JS files, let me worry about this after I get the problem the new cornerstone update is generating. About php version, im using 7.0 so its not a php issue, its to do with the new cornerstone update. Please help fix this, its been dragging for too long.

Hi There,

This is a confirmed bug with the numeric feature list and has been already forwarded to our development team.

In the meanwhile, I would suggest using images instead of numbers in order to have your website looking as expected initially.

Thanks for understanding

Thank you for confirming it is a bug and that it will be resolved. It is a workable solution but it will also create too many http requests for my liking even though I am using a CDN. Thank you, I know you guys are working hard.

My other question is regarding the JS files that are pushed in the header. This is coming from cornerstone, how can I fix this? I think this was also there before updating so its not as a result of the update. The url was given earlier in a secured note, please dont share my site or screenshots of it in public.

Are you referring to cs-head.js? That is the only CS JS file I see in the head in my test site. It is needed in the head.

In your site, I see it’s in the footer most probably because of optimization. I don’t see Cornerstone related JS in the head in your site. Would mind providing more details and screenshots if I’m mistaken?

Thank you for your reply and using a secured note for the screenshot. I did optimize the site so that most JS files are loaded in the footer, which eliminated the render blocking issues with google with the JS. I still need to fix the CSS.

I will attach a screenshot of a secured note showing that although the JS files are supposed to be in the footer cornerstone js files are still causing issues with above the fold, which to me sounds like its failing to load in the footer. If you can also tell me how to fix the CSS related issues that would be great. Please do not mention my site in public or screenshots of it, only secure noted.

Hi there,

Please kindly consider that in order to some of the elements work correctly in the Cornerstone it is impossible to not load JS of the Cornerstone in none blocking way. In some cases, our elements are dependent to JS to render heavily and it is not possible to have them loaded at the end.

Regarding the CSS we use the standard WordPress way to add the CSS code and it is rather complicated process to determine which CSS should be added. Here is the file path which does that:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/enqueue/styles.php

Such customization is outside of our support scope. You will need to use the wp_enqueue_styles function:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_style/

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.