New & classic body text elements not previewing or saving any text

I have built websites on older conerstone versions, I have recently brought another licence and have updated to the newest version cornerstone 2.13 and xtheme 5.22. i cleared my cache after doing so. I have 1and1 as my hosting on their wp managed service.

I can’t save any body text in any of the elements which involve body text. I can write it, but it does not preview or save. This does not work for both Classic and the new text elements. They both have slightly different errors in that the classic elelment shows the ipsum lorem dummy text. The new text element does even show the ipsum lorem preview text, so is just blank.

I can change, preview and save for the any text which uses headings.

Please help. Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Same issue. If I add a text element, I can enter the text but there is no option to save. Clicking out of it removes text.

Same issue for me

I had the same issue and disabled the autoptimze plugin. I had already disabled caching.Now it is working. I believe I can re enable these after editing. A pretty convoluted way to make simple edits, especially since I chose cornerstone so the client could make easy edits.

Same problem here. Please solve this, I need to make frequent updates to my site and disabling/re-enabling the caching every time that an edit has to be made is going to take a lot of unnecessary time

Same issue for me.

I can enter the text and headlines in the input boxes, but the text doesn’t appear on the page and I cannot save.

Please help!

Same here, I input text on both a v2 text element and v2 headline element and it does not preview or allow to save.

Classic text elements do work though.

I updated X theme and now everything works as it should. - FYI

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. If an optimization plugin conflicts with Cornerstone, you should contact the plugin developer to exclude caching back-end sources.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory and max execution time.

Thanks.