Need WIX site live while buildling X theme

Hello!

Currently, we have a website through WIX that we need to keep LIVE, while we transition over to Xtheme which will replace it.

The dilemma is people are actively using the WIX site to find out about the community event and buying tickets through it. So, the WIX site needs to stay up while we build the new website through X-Theme that will replace it.

Is this possible? I really hope so!

Thank you for your help with this…

Hi @RocktheHouse1876,

The question is a matter of the administrative tasks and not related to our theme itself. The X theme is a theme of the WordPress CMS and is not related to Wix whatsoever.

So you will need to have a staging website which has the WordPress and the X installed separately and then do the development there. After the development is finished you can then move the staging website to production.

I suggest that you contact your hosting service provider as they can help you with the details of the staging website and the transition.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your help with this! I really appreciate your input.

So, I need to install wordpress/x-theme in like a subfolder on the hosting server? Then, when it’s ready… move those ftp files to the root folder. And then, cancel WIX account. Is that what is being suggested?

Hi There @RocktheHouse1876

Yes, I think you got the idea. But you cannot simply move the files to root folder, you need to follow WordPress migration standards. Otherwise your site will not function properly.

You can develop your site in any server or sub-domain and then follow the migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) to deploy it into your live server.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.