Need to Update Very Old Version of X, Help

I built a site on X for a client back in 2015 and I have the license under his account which I have no memory of the login info for. The website address is http://www.doorwindowwholesale.com. The new owners of the business are having me update the website and it is stuck at Version 4.1.0, yikes! I am not sure how to go about locating the account info and getting X updated for this site. Help would be appreciated.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, there is no way to find out the user account from the domain name. We’ll need to know the email address used or the license key itself to find the account.

However, if you’re not the actual account holder, you may need to contact the original owner as we would be unable to give you account information for an account not belonging to yourself. It’s worth pointing out that if the business was sold, and that sale included the license, then it is between the old owner and new owner to arrange the transfer of assets (including the license).

Hope this helps!

I have the email address but this was registered pre-Apex so Apex won’t allow me to change the password in order to get in. I also have the API key.

Hello @lizinmarketing,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please share the email address along with the API key in secure note.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for the information, although that email does exist, that is not the license key that is associated with it.

If that is your email, please use the “Lost your password” on the login screen to reset your password.

You can follow the guide provided here for updating your site from an old version.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.