Need to remove Grey area above header

Hi,

I seem to have a grey area above the header on my site. Inspector shows it as a facebook image 1X1 and I’m not sure what it is or how to hide it. any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I checked and it seems your page is messed up. The meta tags, scripts and style are inside you <body> tag when it should be inside <head></head>

You can try the following.

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. Activate parent theme to check if something in your child theme is causing the issue.

3. Temporarily remove any Custom JS and CSS you have added

This is so we can narrow down what is causing it.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks

When I inspect the source it shows: . When I delete that then the grey area disappears. I have facebook pixel disabled so I’m not sure where this code comes from

Hi Chris,

What version is your Olark extension?, would you mind updating that to the latest version? (currently the latest version is 2.0.3)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If updating did not work, please add this to Theme Options > CSS

#olark + img {
	display: none;
}

Cheers!

Hi. Olark appears to be hidden properly. When you inspect the element when you hove over the facebook pixel link it shows 1X1 image which is what appears to be taking up the space. When I remove the pixel code the grey bar disappears. Anyway to hide the 1X1?

Hey Chris,

Paul has previously said that your markup of your site is broken. You should be fixing that rather than applying a band-aid fix. Please follow the steps Paul mentioned.

You can hide the FB image by apply a display none inline CSS. Just note that this is not covered by our support as this is not an issue with our theme. If you’re not sure how to do that, please consult with a third party developer.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.