Need to move my site to a new server on Go Daddy

Hello, Go Daddy has told me I need to move my site to a newer server as they are phasing out the older server that I am currently hosted on. I am brand new to X theme and just got the site up and running.

Can you provide details on how best to make this server move? I had difficulties in migrating the site from my local host where I built the site to the online site. It never worked actually.

Thanks

Hi Regan,

Thanks for writing in! If you transfer to a different server, you may need to migrate your site.
Please check out this knowledge base on how you can migrate it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I built the site on a local host then migrated it to my online wp account. How do I manage the licenses in the transfer? I have under “production”, my localhost address. The “staging” lists my online wp account.

Do I need to change anything here when I migrate the account over to the new server?

Hey Regan,

Based on your description regarding your license setup, you’re good to go. It’s just best to assign your live domain to Production and your local domain to Staging just for management purposes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.