Need help with X Theme Envira galleries

Hi,

I’m using X Theme to build my website and, for the most part, things are going well. But I have some questions about how to make some things happen using Envira. I am using the unlicensed version included with X.

In your docs for using Envira:

it shows in the config tab that you can set Column Gutter Width and Margin Below Each Image. But I don’t see these settings in my installed version.

Also, I would like to set tags for each image in a gallery so I can filter based on it. But in the Tags tab it indicates that I need to Upgrade in order to get this feature. It was my understanding that this is included in this version of Envira. Is this not true?

Lastly, I would like to be able to have the popped up image include a brief description and a link to another page. Is this possible?

I forgot to mention that I am running Wordpress 4.9.4 and X 6.0.4

Hey @somtamgaiyang,

I’m using the latest version of Envira and it still has those options under config. Please try uninstalling Envira then install again via X > Validation

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

I tried your suggestion and it worked; mostly. It appears I had some installed called Envira Lite. I don’t know where that came from but now I have the proper version of Envira installed.

There are many more options and no constant reminders to upgrade for more options. However, I still do not have the specific setting options from your screen capture. Instead of Column Gutter Width and Margin Below Each Image I have “Automatic Layout: Margins”. It appears to do the same thing, except that it sets the same values for column and row margins. Luckily that’s what I want. So that is now working.

Also, I don’t have the “Enable Isotope?” setting, but it does default to Isotope, which is what I want.

I do have another problem with it. On one of my galleries I changed the Gallery Lightbox Theme to Base (Dark). I liked it but decided I would be better off returning to the Legacy theme. I changed it back and updated successfully, but when I test the gallery it still displays as Base (Dark). I can’t seem to get it back to Legacy.

Can you try this and see if you get the same result?

@somtamgaiyang,

Please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note so we could compare your setup to ours.

Thanks.

I see the difference now. Your Number of Gallery Columns is Automatic. It must be set to a specific column and the Column Gutter Width, Margin Below Each Image and the Enable Isotope settings will be available.

For your Contact Form 7 issue, you will need to contact your mail hosting service which is usually also your web host and or Contact Form 7 support. Moreover, we do not have support for Contact Form 7 and its functionality is beyond the X and Cornerstone’s control.

If you have additional questions, please open a separate thread in order for us to avoid confusion down the road.

Thanks.

That worked. Thanks!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.