Need help with header

Hi, I created a website for my business and I am far from a web designer. I want two phone numbers prominently displayed in the header, aligned to the right edge of the content, either at the top of the header or just above the navigation bar. I need it to look something like this:

Phone: 123.456.7890
After Hours / Emergency: 123.456.7890

I need them to be clickable from a smartphone.

I’ve tried different things and first of all I just made the phone number part of the logo graphic but of course that was non–functional for dialing from a smartphone. Now I’ve installed a plugin that puts it centered at the top of the site. This works, but I don’t like the looks of it.

I’m hoping that there is a simple custom CSS that someone could provide to me that I could paste into the Customizer that would accomplish this task. I’ve looked all over using Google searches and I can’t find exactly what I’m after. If anyone would be so kind as to provide something to me I would be forever grateful.

My site is www.westernseptic.com.

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Do you want to have something like this?

If that is the case, Custom css will not help here. This need a little modification. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Displaying phone, etc
// =============================================================================
function add_custom_header_content(){ ?>

<div class="custom-content right mtl">
    <p>Phone: <a href="tel:123.456.7890">123.456.7890</a> <br>
       After Hours / Emergency: <a href="tel:123.456.7890">123.456.7890</a></p>
</div>

<?php }
add_action('x_before_view_global__brand', 'add_custom_header_content');
// =============================================================================

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.