NEED HELP ASAP! Preview not showing any elements

After the last update the preview inside the builder no longer shows the elements on that page. It does show the structure of the page in the menu but nothing in preview! For global blocks it shows nothing and for pages it only shows the header and footer. It will not render them. This is a really big problem! I need to fix this!

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for asking and apologies for the trouble you are facing.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response, Prasant.

Although this list was overwhelming, I new that I was good on number 1 and 2 so I jumped down to #3. I deactivated all plugins and sure enough the preview worked perfectly. Then I found which plugin was causing the issue: Layerslider WP. This plugin is up to date. Unfortunately I cannot remove or stop using this plugin as it is the main draw on our homepage. I was under the impression this was a plugin that X Themes/Prospecifically is compatible with.

Nevertheless, after I reactivated the plugins and only disabled then reactivated Layerslider WP, the issue corrected itself and I can now see the content in the preview of the builder. I even logged out and logged back in to check that it wasn’t fluke. Any ideas why or how this happened so I can prevent it in the future?

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I see that you are using Cloudflare. As you have narrowed down the problem to Layerslider, in Cloudflare please make sure to clear cache and for now (just to test) please put Cloudflare into Development mode. Next, please make sure that you are using the supported version of Layer Slider. As of today the supported version of LayerSlider is 6.7.6.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168246-What-does-Cloudflare-Development-mode-mean-

Thanks.

Ok. I have turned on development mode and the version of Layerslider I am using is 6.7.6. What should I be looking for?

Hi Joseph,

Putting it to Development Mode won’t purge all cache. Please login back to your CloudFlare dashboard and Purge Everything.

CloudFlare - How do I purge my cache

Clear also your other caching plugins (if any)

If clearing caches do not work, please provide us login credentials (wp-admin and FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.