Need equal height columns

Hi, Im trying to make the two columns of a row have equal height. Im referring to column with the purple background seen here: http://1gm.722.myftpupload.com/donation-4/

Thanks

Hey Collin,

Achieving equal height columns without the use of Marginless Columns option of the now Classic Row is possible thanks to our new Row Layout system. Columns are equal in height out of the box.

Since you’re still using an old version of X and Cornerstone, you first need to update X and Cornerstone to the latest version. I recommend you do this in a test copy of your site first though to test if something will break in your site.

After that, you need to rebuild your section with the new Row Layout system as we do not support modifying the Classic Row to achieve equal height columns… The said layout system is activated when you update Cornerstone so when you add a new Section, you’ll get a new interface.

Choose the 2 Column setup and that’s it. Columns are the same height by default. The Column element in the new layout system has a Max Height option so you can control the height of the column if you need to.

I’d also recommend that you learn more about the update by checking the resources below.

Hope that helps.

I updated my site theme but when I add a new Section with 2 columns, they are not equal height. I also do not see the max column height option. Can you tell me what Im doing wrong?

Hello Collin,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I see you have updated X Theme but website is still using fairly old version of Cornerstone 2.0.6. Please update Cornerstone to latest version 4.0.4 so that you can use the featured my colleague mentioned in previous reply.

To update Cornerstone, you can take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

Thanks, can you tell me where I can put my “Stylings” for the new column? Before there was a “Style” box I could enter my styling: box-shadow: 0 1.5em 5em rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.385);

Thanks!

Hi Collin,

For the new columns, you actually do not need to manually write the CSS code to add a box shadow to the column as it is already available for the column settings:

If you are not seeing the option, please click on the cog icon on the settings area then enable the Advanced Mode option.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.