Navigational Menu not updating~ Help please!

Hello.

Under wordpress, I went under Appearance --> Menu and re-organized my menu to have my portfolio images show up under Portfolio. I saved the menu, and did the same thing under menu under Cornerstone --> Settings. However, when I visit an incognito google image to make sure the changes have been applied, it shows no changes, but how it used to be without the new organizational pages. Should be noted that these pages added under the portfolio main header are posts, not pages - added to the subdomain.

Please help! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
Lina

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but I am not entirely certain of the issue. Is that the site that you’re working on below? I did check that site and see the portfolio menu item and its sub-items. Please clarify.

I notice that you have the latest version of Cornerstone (3.0.4), but your X theme is outdated (5.1.0). That combination is not compatible and might be the culprit of the current issue. Please update your X theme to the latest version (6.0.4).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

Thank You for your help! I tried to update my theme, and 3 out of 4 were able to be updated succesful. However, the X theme came back with update failed, giving this reason - “An error occurred while updating X: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.” What can I do to fix this so I can then update the theme? Many thanks!

Hi There,

Yes, it is very possible that this is a file permissions issue, if this is the case then please follow the Fix File and Folder Permissions in WordPress Using FTP guide provide here.

But it is also possible that the issue is in your outdated X. I suggest that you do the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here.

If none of this works, please provide us login credentials (WP & FTP) in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Thank you! I have tried without any success. I sent a secure note with the information requested if you could please help me out.

Thank you!!!

Hi there,

Please provide the credentials in a secure note and we’ll have checked it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Oh! I thought I did. How do I send a secure reply to you?

Did you receive it? Trying to send a secure message but the button for secure note only becomes available to my own messages, not to the staff replies.

Hi there,

That is correct the Secure Note should be attached to your replies and not the staff messages. You did it correctly and I can see the FTP login information.

But unfortunately I could not access using my FTP client. Would you please also make sure that the FTP port 21 is correct port to use?

Anyway this is actually something that you need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to fix for you. Just give them the information below and ask them to fix the permissions of your WordPress installation files:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

After you fixed the permission issue, and if you have problems still to update the theme please also get back to us with the login information of your WordPress Dashboard to follow up.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.