Navigation menu does not drop down on smaller screens and mobile

Hi there, My issues is that my Navigation bar menu does not drop down on smaller screens and mobile. Can you help? Thank you! Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your setup and there is a JavaScript error in the browser’s console which is breaking your site. I noticed you’re using an outdated version of X and Cornerstone which could be causing the issue and the content of your site is being served by the cache. Please do the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. If this doesn’t resolve the issue then test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. If nothing works then remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Let us know this goes!

Hi @Nabeel! Thank you very much for your response. I’m not sure if this is appropriate here but this is all a little over my head. Can I pay you to do this for me or can you recommend someone to help me? I’m rather new to all of this :slight_smile: I’m also having difficulty updating to the latest Wordpress and I’m realizing that I don’t have my child theme set up so I’m wary of updating everything in case it all goes wrong. Thank you again, Richard.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for updating in!

Please go the Peer to Perr Forum and post a new thread about your needs. Other X theme users will gladly respond to your thread and help you with a small fee of course. The Perr to Peer forum is the play to find 3rd party developers which will be able to help you with your updates.

Meanwhile, you might just be experiencing some caching issues. Since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site again. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much @RueNel! I really appreciate it!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.