Navigation Eement disturbs site from loading

Hi support team,

I came across a strange problem.
There are 2-3 pages that are not loading on the clients server, while they where loading fine on my development server.
The thing is that I tried deleting the site contents one by one to see where the problem might be, and it truns out to be the Navigation Inline Element is causing this error. Even stranger is that I used this same element and presets from an uploaded template on other sites that are loading fine.
I tried building a new site from scratch but as soon as I inserted a navigation inline element, the page and Cornerstone will not load anymore.

Can you please help me out?

Hi,

That’s kind of weird, I tried on my test sites and wasn’t able to replicate the issue.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  1. Try to activate your parent theme if the issue is resolved it means that some customization you made in your child theme is the one causing the issue.

2. Set wp debug to true in your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site.
    This will make wordpress display a detailed error instead of error 500.

Thanks.

Thanks for the many suggestions!

I increasede the memory limit, wich immediately made the site show up. On the another site (see secure note) it had no effect.

I went on activating parent theme, removing all CSS an Javascript. But that also did not help.
Before I deactivate all plugins (I use quite a few) I wanted to ask if you might have another idea, knowing that increasing the memory limit helped.

What I did not manage was aktivating the debug mode. I changed it to “true”, but no different error message showed up.

Thank you!

Hi There,

Please provide us your login page so we can take a closer look. I tried /wp-admin and /wp-login.php but it does not work.

Thanks,

yes, shure:

Hi @blueprint,

I couldn’t find anything either, and it looks like host error message since Wordpress internal server error is supposed to display a blank white page, or the actual error once WP_DEBUG is active. In that case, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well?

Thanks!

WP_DEBUG is not active right now. Since it did not change the error message outcome, I set it back to “false”.
For your information -the changes in FTP can take upto 15 minutes untill they take effect.

Hello @blueprint,

I have logged in to your ftp and modified the wp-config.php. The memory limit should be define in the WordPress config because by default, WordPress will attempt to increase memory allocated to PHP to 40MB (code is at the beginning of /wp-includes/default-constants.php) for single site and 64MB for multisite, so the setting in wp-config.php should reflect something higher than 40MB or 64MB depending on your setup. I added this in the config:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

And then when I edited your page in questioned, I did not encounter any issues at all.

Please check your site now.

Thank you for the adjustments! The first site DOES work now.
Anthoer site does not:

Hello @blueprint,

Simply log in to your ftp and browse to the another site’s WP directory. Find the wp_config.php file and add the following:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

This should resolve your issue with the other site.

That was already done by you two days ago. I did not seem to help…

I set the site to https and - although I don’t understand how - now it works.

Thank you!

Hey @BluePrint,

It’s good to know that the issue is already resolved and it is working now.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

You are welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.