Navigation displays italics despite header settings

I upgraded to the latest version of X theme and changed the font for the nav but it is displaying as italics (which is how we had the previous font) even though the header settings are set to off. Please let me know how I can remove italics from the nav.

Hello @Nic_Design,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS to fix the problem:

.x-navbar .x-nav-wrap .x-nav > li > a {
    font-style: normal;
}

Thanks.

I’m aware that I can use CSS to fix the issue but would rather know what the issue is with the settings as my client may want to change the settings we don’t want to have to rely on css changes.

Hey @Nic_Design,

This looks like a caching issue. I cleared the Style Cache though but the issue persists. Have you used a caching plugin before? Are you using a CDN? If not, this looks like a bug as I have seen a similar case also. If you’ve used a caching plugin, please ask the plugin developer how to uninstall it completely. If you’re using a CDN, please temporarily disconnect your site from your CDN.

Thanks.

There is no caching plugin or CDN for the site.

Hello there,

You need to reinstall Cornerstone by deleting the existing one and let X theme install latest version by going to X > Validation.

I can confirm that the issue is in your Cornerstone as I’ve already disabled the Body Font Italic option in Customizer.

I’ve also deactivated plugins, switched themes, changed body font weight and clear style cache but the body font style was still italic.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

I’ve deleted cornerstone as you suggested and let X reinstall by going to validation but I still see the font in italics.

Hey @Nic_Design,

Though I could not replicate this on my test site, this could be a bug as clearing the browser cache should regenerate the inline CSS. I’ll post this to our issue tracker. For now, please override the fonts with CSS. Also, could you tell us what version you updated from?

Thanks.

I’ve cleared the browser cache and tested on multiple browsers and devices and they all show italics. I will use the CSS override for now but please continue looking into it. I unfortunately don’t remember what version it was updated from exactly but the site was not updated for almost a year before I was asked to update by my client.

Hey @Nic_Design,

I have posted this in our issue tracker. You were most probably using X 5.0.0 which was released on April 10, 2017 (a year ago).

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.