Navigation collapsed top and drop down links

Hello, I have searched through the forum and have tried various things, but can’t seem to make the mobile navigation work the I would like it to on this site: https://pagebc.ca

I’ve used Navigation Inline element for the desktop version. With this you can click on the top link “About” and you can also click on the drop down links FAQ and Executives.

For Mobile I’ve used Navigation collapsed and it does not allow me to do that. On sub-menu trigger I’ve selected Anchor. When you click the arrow icon the sub-menu items appear and you can click on them, but you can’t click on the top menu. So I’ve had to add that page as a drop-down menu item. See attached screen shot. You’ll see once the drop-down is opened under About, you can see About Us, FAQ & Executives.

What I wasn’t is to be able to click on About (Top Menu) and all the drop-down menu items once it’s opened. Just like you can on the menu in desktop view. Please advise! Thank you!

Hello rachel,

Thanks for writing in! The issue you are having is because of your sub menu trigger. Please edit your custom header and in your navigation collapsed settings, use the “Sub Indicator” as your Sub Menu trigger so that you can still click the Menu items when it is opened.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thanks for your response. I did try that before and it wasn’t working. When I try to click the sub-indicator icon on mobile it doesn’t bring up the drop-down menu it just goes to the top link page. I had it working for a moment, if I hit just the right spot on the screen, but now it won’t work at all. Whether I click on About or the little sub-indictor graphic for the drop-down menu, they both just go to About (or Conference).

Hey Rachel,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your header settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks in advance.

I’ve sent you a secure note. Thanks!

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the credentials, I see your Sub Menu Trigger is still set to Anchor, please set that to Sub Indicator as Ruenel said above, so you can still have your “About” parent menu clickable

And then, Click Links tab, then the Sub Indicator tab. Please see the underlined items on the screenshot below:

Set a proper width to your sub-indicator so it can be properly touched/tap on actual mobile, maybe around 40px - 50px

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

That worked, thank you! It was still very sensitive though, so I made the text and icon bigger and that seems to have solved the issue.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.