Navbar Search Alignment

Hi,

I’m using the Integrity stack with Ubermenu. I’ve enabled the navbar search icon but it’s not lining up with the other menu items.

How can I accomplish this?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I can see that you are using an older version of the theme.

X 6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.0.4 are now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version first. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice RueNel. I’ve applied the updates but the problem still persists.

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.ubermenu li.menu-item.x-menu-item.x-menu-item-search {
    display: inline-block;
}

.ubermenu li.menu-item.x-menu-item.x-menu-item-search a {
    padding-left: 13px;
    padding-right: 13px;
    line-height: 49px;
}

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Thai,

That worked great for desktops and laptops but looks a little odd on mobile devices( mobile.jpg )

I now have a bigger problem. After updating X and Cornerstone I can no longer edit my pages in Cornerstone?? If I select Edit with Cornerstone for any page I just get the following screen which hangs permanently.

Any idea how I can fix this without rolling back to the previous versions?

Hi again,

To fix the search menu item in mobile devices, please replace the previous code with the following code:

display: inline-block;
}

.ubermenu li.menu-item.x-menu-item.x-menu-item-search a {
    padding-left: 13px;
    padding-right: 13px;
    line-height: 49px;
}

@media screen and (max-width: 1120px) {
    display: block;
    text-align: left;
  }
}

There could be an error in your site which is preventing the Cornerstone to load, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Nabeel, It looks like there might be a conflict with Wordfence. Is this likely to be addressed in future updates? I’m not really very comfortable having to deactivate my security plugin every time I want to make edits.

Thanks for the code update. Worked a treat :slight_smile:

Hi again,

Is your Wordfence plugin updated? I tested it on my local setup and I can edit my pages without a problem. Please also check for the following guide https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404 and see if this helps?

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks again Nabeel, I still don’t what’s causing the Cornerstone issue but it appears to be working fine on Chrome so I’ll just use that instead of Firefox for now. I’m sure time will resolve this one :wink:

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that using Chrome has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.