Navbar Cutting Off in Desktop View

Hi all

I’ve have an issue with the NavBar on my website ((https://www.yought.com)). It is not vertically centered and this happened recently. I have tried removing newer plugins to test but nothing fixed it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Hey Richard,

Thank you for the details. You are having this issue because it looks like that you have set the menu item top spacing to 0. To adjust that setting, please go to X > Theme Options > Header > Links - Alignment and insert enough pixel value for the “Navbar Top Link Alignment”.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi

Thanks for the quick response! So i tried changing it but this thing pops up below. Even though it says saved changes, it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

I’ve tried disabling newer plugins but that doesn’t do anything?

Thanks

Hello Richard,

You might need to temporarily disable your WP Super Cache plugin and try again.

If nothing is working, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi!

I actually got it working again because one of the plug ins had to be updated.

However I am still running into the issue above and I can’t update anything via cornerstone.

Any ideas on that one? I tried disabling super cache but didn’t do anything.

Thanks

Hey Richard,

As asked previously, please give us WordPress Admin in a Secure Note so we could closely check the issue.

Thanks.

Just added it ! Thanks :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else i can provide :slight_smile:

Hey Richard,

I tried to check the page in Cornerstone and there is a 504 error that is causing the issue.

It could be due to other plugins that are active upon load regardless of page, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You may also check this article https://www.lifewire.com/504-gateway-timeout-error-explained-2622941 especially this area

Fixing 504 Errors on Your Own Site

A lot of times this isn't your fault at all, but it's not the user's either.

Start by checking that your server can properly resolve all the domains that your applications require access to.

Very heavy traffic might result in your server serving a 504 error, even though a 503 would probably be a bit more accurate.

In WordPress specifically, 504: Gateway Timeout messages are sometimes due to corrupted databases. Install WP-DBManager and then try the “Repair DB” feature, followed by “Optimize DB,” and see if that helps.

Also, make sure your HTACCESS file is correct, especially if you have just reinstalled WordPress.

Finally, consider contacting your hosting company. It’s possible that the 504 error that your website is returning is due to an issue on their end that they’ll need to resolve.

Let us know how it goes!

Hiya!

Thanks - solved the problem. Auto-optimize was causing us problems as i am assuming it was minifying scripts that didn’t need to be further minimised.

Is there a fix around this?

Thanks

Hello Richard,

WP Autopmize plugin will minify JS and CSS files for your site’s performance. Once in a while, you should regenerate the cached and minified files so that the updated version of your site will be loaded in your browser. There is no fix for this. You have to do it manually. This will happen occasionally so it is best that you regenerate the caches more often. And if you are still building your site, you will need to temporarily disable the plugin. And besides, Caching plugin or optimizing plugins are best to turn ON when you are done building your site and ready to go live.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.