Nav-menus.php not loading when Ubermenu active

As the title says…

WP 5.1.1
Pro 2.5.5
UberMenu 3.5 (installed with Pro)

When selecting Appearance/Menus from the dashboard, all I get is a blank screen. Loads perfectly when UberMenu is deactivated, has only started happening with the latest update to Pro 2.5.5

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @synner,

It looks like you had lots of menu items so you need to increase the max_input_vars to 7000.

Please also try to increase your memory limit and maximum execution time as well.

You can do this by adding the code below in wp-config.php file.

set_time_limit(300);
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve added the set_time_limit and WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT, I already had the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT set. Also changed the max_input_vars to 7000.

None of this has made a difference.

Could you define what you mean by ‘lots of menu items’ please. As far as I can see my menu is actually quite lightweight. It’s at www.bailar.co.uk if you’d like to look.

Thanks again

Hey @synner,

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are still getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that the code you have added to the wp-config.php did not take effect so please get in touch with your hosting provider and have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi,

Enabling debug gets this error when loading nav-menus.php

Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0

Hi @synner,

I have just checked the Menu area of your site in the admin and I am able to access it now:

Are you still not able to edit your menus? Please try to clear your browser cache.

No, still not able to access it after clearing all browser caches. Tried a different browser too.

Hello @synner,

Would you mind providing us the url of your FTP login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?
To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

No problem

Hello Synner,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

It seems that the problem and error message is coming because of other plugin. Under Plugins > Installed Plugins, I deactivated all plugin except Uber Menu and then loaded the menu page from Appearance > Menus and it’s working fine now. I suggest you to test for plugin conflict again from Plugins > Installed Plugins by deactivating all plugins except for Uber Menu and then reactivating one at a time to narrow down.

For now I have reactivated all plugins.

Thanks.

It appears to be not one, but if I disable any plugin I am able load the page. Would this point to an issue with Pro rather than a specific plugin?

Hello @synner,

I have increase your max input value to 1000.
Please check your menus again.

Thanks.

It still will not load with all plugins enabled, but disabling any one seems to fix the issue.
I guess that will have to do temporarily. Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.