My X Theme website is misbehaving

Hi There,

My website www.demianfineart.com was working perfectly, but now the menu bar at the top has gone to text format and the layout has shifted. It is the same across the site, from the home page to contact pages, they are all displaying the menu incorrectly. Also links appear to be incorrect too.

Kind regards,

Demian

Hello Demian,

Did you do any update for your Wordpress core or any plugins on your site before the display changed? As I have checked, it seems that you are using a really old version of X and your site is still using X Shortcodes. SO kindly try the following:

Firstly, you seem to be using W3 Total Cache on your site so please clear your site’s cache throughly.

If the issue persists after updating clearing the site’s cache, you might want to consider updating X to the latest version and disabling X Shortcodes and have Cornerstone installed on the site as X Shortcodes is already integrated natively in Cornerstone. And since you are using a very outdated version of X, you might want to do the updates first in a staging site. It would be best to setup a staging site and do the update from there so that the live site will not be affected in case there will be any issues with the update and you will be able to do some testing.

Here are some search results on how to setup a staging site:

https://goo.gl/8BkpJ3

In case you are not certain how to proceed, you might want to check with your web host and ask them if they can help you with the staging site.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.