My sites got cornerstoned

Hey guys

I really love(d) your product. When the PRO Version showed up i got a bit irritated. It didn’t bring anything new that couldn’t be achieved before with a couple lines of code. I tested it on one of my sites but the whole editor was very slow and the functions quite buggy. But since you kept that as a separate theme i didn’t bother with it.

Now it looks like whoever came up with this PRO theme took over the beloved X theme too. I’m running multiple sites for my clients and almost all of them broke in one or another way since the updates. Fixing them takes forever, because the new editor - if it loads at all - literally takes about five minutes to start up. Most of the times it collapses during editing. I know it’s not your responsibility, but I’m loosing money over here fixing up my sites because of an update that wasn’t ready to roll out.

I’m trying my best not to sound like the classic frustrated customer. You guys probably get a lot of those messages this time around and I trust you do the best you can. After all i hope you are still the same bunch of people who built this thing in the first place, right? But please let whoever decided to rush this one for whatever reason know, that this is the fastest way to loose your customers.

I’m not going into detail about the errors and bugs. I found most of them in other posts and I trust you’ll be fixing them as soon as possible. Just needed to get this off my chest.

You’re theme is still ok, but I’m really looking forward for it to be awesome again. Please don’t let me down guys.

Beni

4 Likes

Ditto for me, just updated Cornerstone and lost the site - simple site with X and cornerstone w/x plugins - had to recover the site from a backup. The main error was with Soliloquy. I have other sites I have not updates XPro for for the aforementioned issues. Worried now that this is bigger than thought. Todd

Im also a bit reluctant to update to XPro. Im on theme x and im happy with it so far. The latest updates caused a lot of issues and im sure these guys are working hard. Back then I used to get a reply to any errors Ive had in a few hours, some times even less. Now its about 24 hours to get a reply.

Because they are flooded with support questions they skim through the questions quickly to reply as soon as they can. Sometimes they dont address the issue right and you get stuck with no proper answer for a few days like me. I hope things will get better with time.

Hey guys,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustrations and our development team is working hard to fix the reported bugs and replace the changes done according to users’ feedback like the text field.

I would just kindly recommend that when updating your sites, it is very important that you have a staging environment because major updates in WordPress (not only with X and Cornerstone) might have breaking changes. Please see more details about updating best practices here.

I also would like to encourage you to participate with our beta tests and in our news forum so your voices be heard early on before final updates.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.