My purchase code says it's already used on another site

My purchase code has been validated for my site before. I recently used a staging environment, and when I returned to my active site, I noticed a message saying my license is not validated. When I enter my purchase code that is registered to my site, it tells me it is valid but already used on another site.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have check your licenses and it is assigned to the same domain name. Please go to your account and manage your licenses.
https://theme.co/apex/licenses

You may assign one license to a live url and a staging url. After assign the license to your urls, please revalidate your theme using the license again.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Thanks for your reply.

Do I use my url that has the host name in it? Before, I had the license assigned to my face-forward web page, but now it doesn’t work.

Hey @smileywendy,

For your production site, enter your live domain and enter the domain with host name to your staging site.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, this still doesn’t work. I tried entering it that way, and I still get the message that the code has already been used on another site.

Hi There,

Please provide us with the login information to check your issue. Make sure to submit your credentials in a secure note.

In the meantime, make sure that you’re fully updated including X theme and Cornerstone. You can refer to the following KB article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Thanks!

I don’t believe they are updated because the license is supposedly not validated. So I can’t update. But at the bottom of the screen telling me about that, it says Version 4.9.4. I don’t use Cornerstone.

Hello There,

I have logged in and checked the assignments of your licenses. It turns out that you did not assign the wpengine staging site to one of your licenses. And so I went ahead and assigned it. I inserted the licenses code and it is validated successfully.

Please check your site now.

Hi There,

Please refer to the secure note.

Thanks!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help.

We are delighted to assist you with this. Let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.