My pages are not saved with Cornerstone

Hi there!

I did some modifications and I can not save the changes!
A message comes “content failed to save”

Help!!

Hi There @Pinelopi

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

Hello,

I have done 1, 2 and 4 and still there is a problem.

I have no idea how to do the rest.

Please fix the issue

I Dropped the log in details on a secure note.

Please noite that I do NOT want to lose my current changes and start all over again.

Many thanks!

Hello Pinelopi,

The issue seems to be caused by the PHP memory limit of your site.

To do this, please login through FTP edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Hope this helps.

Hello again.

I did everything you say and i also contacted my host and increased the memory.

BUT still there is problem.

Please advice,
Penelopi

Hi Penelopi,

Thanks for updating in!. I have logged in and investigated your site. It turns out that you have inserted an invalid html code:

<h3><span style="color: #ffffff;">HI, I'M PINELOPI. </span></h5>
<h3 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">ARE YOU READY TO THRIVE IN YOUR BUSINESS?<h3><span style="color: #ffffff;"> </span></h4>i HELP BUSINESSES AND ENTREPRENEURS TO BOOST THEIR PRESENCE IN THE INTERNET WORLD & i  CREATE AWESOME WEBSITES</span></h3>

<h4><span style="color: #ffffff;"></span></h5>
<h4 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;"><h4><span style="color: #ffffff;"></span></h3></span></h3>

The correct one should be this code instead:

<h3><span style="color: #ffffff;">HI, I'M PINELOPI. </span></h3>

<h3 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">ARE YOU READY TO THRIVE IN YOUR BUSINESS?</span><span style="color: #ffffff;">I HELP BUSINESSES AND ENTREPRENEURS TO BOOST THEIR PRESENCE IN THE INTERNET WORLD & i  CREATE AWESOME WEBSITES</span></h3>

Please make sure that when inserting a custom html, it is valid and correct. Adding a wrong code will messed up the page or will not allow saving in Cornerstone.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I corrected BUT still can NOT save it.

Hey @Pinelopi,

It’s highly likely that your server is blocking cornerstone-endpoint directory. Regretfully, we could not control that on our end. Please pass this the screenshot below to your web host and ask them to unblock it from Mod Security or other security setups.

Thanks.

Hello again.

I contacte my host and they want step by step instructions(open this page, click here, select that option etc.) on how to recreate the issue on their end.

This their reply:
"I mean that you need to provide us with instructions on how to see the error on our end. Without information on how to re-create the issue we cannot assist you further.

I have reviewed the logs and there is nothing related. Your website is not triggering mod_security or other security rules."

Please advice, this issue has to be resolved as it NOT acceptable to have a problem with the theme.

Hello @Pinelopi,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I suggest you please take a look at following article for some help.

Thanks.

I am not expert you are the expert. I do not want to do anything and lead to a mistake. PLEASE fix the issue.
The article you sent me its chinese to me!

STOP replying like you are a robot (from different people) and solve it!

So far I received various useless answers from different people!!! As a theme provider you have to solve the issue!

Thanks!

We certainly understand the frustration here, Pinelopi but as I previously said:

To recreate the issue, you will need to tell your host how to access a Cornerstone page and then they should open the browser console or press F12 on their keyboard. They should see the error I posted.

We can’t give a step by step instruction to resolve this in your server or host as we are not the hosting company or we are not in control. The web host blocks an important function in the theme. The issue here is not only the theme but the web host also.

Our answers aren’t useless. All of the answer from my colleagues gave me an idea of what troubleshooting method has been tried already. Though nothing works as of now, it doesn’t mean our answers are useless.

Hello again.

We checked about the error and there is NO error.

I cant see the error, my host cant see an error either
I attached a screenshot

Please advice!

Thanks,
Pinelopi

Hello Pinelopi,

Our apologies for the back and forth on this thread but rest assured we’ll try our best to give you some suggestions.

On that note, is there a chance that you can provide us with your FTP details as well so that we could check your setup further?

Please do not forget to add it in a secure note.

Thank you.

I sent them,

thanks!

Hello @Pinelopi,

You have forgotten to send out the password for the FTP.
Please send it as well so we can log in and investigate.

Regards.

I am also having the same issue - just updated Cornsterstone and my X theme. I even created a new test page and it will not save eitther

I am dead in the water

Hey @davidondrick,

Thanks for updating this thread. At this time we kindly ask that you open them up in a separate thread with your site details in it. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok I have sent them!

Hi @Pinelopi,

The FTP credentials are incorrect. But I did find the cause and it’s the Elementor plugin. Please deactivate it and try saving it again. I also created a test draft to show that it saves okay.

Thanks!