My Home Page became a Blog Post

After updating to the latest version one of websites Home Pages became a Blog Post when saying ‘Edit with Pro’ In Wordpress it shows as a Page, it’s still set as my Home Page. Now it doesn’t show all the elements on the page (map). What’s happened?

https://www.diveintolembeh,com

Hi @liquidguru,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked the home page is it still as a page and not a post, if you’re referring to the builder preview then there could be some redirect. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Then please provide your admin login credentials in a secure note and we’ll check. And allow us to disable the plugins and features, but backup your site first.

Let us know how it goes!

Yes, it’s a page, but there is content missing that is there in the Builder.

It’s only done this since the update

I’ve attached log in credentials.

Hi @liquidguru,

You mean the admin bar is not being displayed? I still don’t get it from your screenshot other than the admin bar isn’t there on the actual page versus your screenshot.

It’s hidden because of this CSS coming from Aquila Admin Theme plugin

.aquilaFront #wpadminbar {
    display: none;
    padding-left: 65px;
}

I recommend contacting the plugin author about the admin bar issues. Again, this isn’t an update related or theme related since it’s directly coming from the plugin.

Thanks!

Plugin disabled:

It should read Edit Page, as it does on my other websites.

If you go to the page in the builder you can see at the bottom there is a map element. It doesn’t show on the live website. I think somethings got confused somewhere.

I have another website using the same theme, same plugins, but it shows Edit Page and the map appears.

https://diveintoambon.com

Hi @liquidguru,

Other than SG Optimizer does your site have other caching feature? It seems to be a caching issue because even if you deactivate the PageLoader by Bonfire plugin it’s still running on the frontend. And if you view your site as not a login user, you’ll see the correct content of your home page.

Would you mind contacting your hosting support and confirm if they don’t have an internal caching?

Thanks,

Thanks for looking into this. I host with Siteground. I’ve gone into my cPanel and flushed all caches directly from there. My other website hosted with them are fine

I’ve used different browsers (not logged in), tried using VPNs, always the same result. The page does not show the map element on the website.

I’ve now deleted that element, added it again (exactly the same as my other website) and it still doesn’t show up. The page still shows as ‘Edit Post’, not ‘Edit page’

Hi @liquidguru,

I think the cache has been cleared now, your page is now showing the correct content even if login.

Regarding the Map, since you’re using a map shortcode, please moved that to a Content Area element (not map element).

The plugin Carousel Horizontal Posts Content Slider is doing that, try to deactivate it.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

It’s not correct, there’s no map on it.

The whole thing is messed up. If I create a new page, the go to edit it, Pro see it as a ‘post’ not a page.

So i’ve now restored a backup from before I updated to WP 5.1.1, and it’s working perfectly. Then updated to WP 5.1.1 and all still working. Then updated Pro to the latest version. Still working :slight_smile:

So it turns out to be the Carousel Horizontal Posts Content Slider, as you said.

What is strange is that the page was working perfectly before updating the plugin. I changed nothing on the page

Hello @liquidguru,

The plugin could be changing something which affects the post and pages in your site.
Would you mind updating the login credentials so that we can log in and check the plugin settings?

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.