My global footer is gone!

I have (or “had”) a global footer installed on my site. Everything was fine earlier today. I made some HTML changes to some of the custom content that I had in the footer, and saved it. Everything seemed to be fine. But a few minutes later, the footer is gone from all of my pages - and when I go into the editor, it is blank, prompting me to add a bar to get started.

I have not made any PHP changes, nor did I have any custom PHP in the footer to begin with. I did go into my plugins and updated as many as I could (the few updates remaining shouldn’t be anything that affects my footer).

How do I get my footer back?

Hi There @rscaife2

Thanks for writing in! Upon going through your information, it could be that your custom header is corrupted for some reason or it may not loading properly, due to your custom HTML that you have added.

When you’re editing your custom header, could you please try switching you Skeleton mode and see if you can locate your elements.

From there, you can delete those elements which your have added your custom code and save the changes and see if that resolves your issue.

If your custom header is corrupted, you need to restore a recent site backup to recover it. Hosting providers usually keeps a daily backup, so that you contact them them to restore a recent backup. Or else if you have already downloaded a copy of your header using template manager, you try importing a copy again.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.