My fixed header is no longer fixed

… and I have no idea why, or how to make it fixed once again.

Hi @ethosdesign

I’ve checked your website and I can see there are some JS errors in the browser console, upon further investigation, I can tell that there is a plugin conflict causing this issue, I recommend doing a plugin conflict test, this can be done by deactivating other plugins other than Cornerstone, then recheck this issue if everything went alright, then you can re-enable the plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

Alternatively, you might want to use “Health Check” plugin and enable “Troubleshooting mode”. The good thing about “Heath Check” plugin is that it’s developed by WordPress team and it only affects your logged in session so that other visitors won’t be affected.

Thanks.

It’s not a plugin conflict. (There may be a plugin conflict, but it’s not what is causing the issue). What kind of JS errors are we talking here?

Hi there,

Here are the JS errors that are causing the issue:

Please check this link on how to check for JS errors:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

The errors seem to be caused by either the caching plugin or the Essential Addons Cornerstone.

To be honest, that’s all a little overwhelming for me. I just need to know what I can physically do to make everything go back to normal ha.

Hi Ken,

Please do the following,

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)
  • Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.
  • Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  • Remove custom Javascript (if any).

I tried to check your site but the credentials you provided does not work anymore.

Thanks,

Hi and thanks for all the help. I’ve tracked down the culprit. It turns out that when using the Essential Addons plugin, the post grid element, if you have the “load more” toggled to the on position, it disables your fixed header. I’m not sure how or why, but the issue is now resolved as long as I don’t want to load more posts. Thanks again for all the help!

Glad you sorted things out, yes that could be a conflict. Unfortunately we don’t provide support for 3rd party Addons.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.