My cornerstone preview no longer showing

My preview window just stopped showing, I found that when I changed the Permalink setting to plain setting then it works but it does not work when I choose the Post name option. Please help someone as I didn’t change anything but it just started happening.

I now get the error message:

Hi @ emopez,

Did you recently update X or Cornerstone? If so, kindly double check that you have both of them updated to the latest version. Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

If you already updated both but the issue persists, try to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Thanks I will try that, one thing I did notice is that my site is sitting within a folder called site so it is like:

www.example.com/site

But then I changed the site url to be www.example.com and the wordpress url is www.example.com/site

When it is like that I get the preview error message as soon as I add the /site to the site url I get the preview?

Hi there,

Is there a reason why do you have to have /site as your site preview? The Wordpress URL and the Site Address should be identical which is the actual domain of the site.

Hope this helps.

I normally always set it up like this and I’ve had no issues with any of my other websites, this is the first time it is affecting the preview on pages?

Hi @emopez,

The content builder is using the iframe to load all website contents.

If you setup like that, the iframe will not load.

For more information, please take a look at this:

https://spring.io/understanding/CORS

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks @thai I will take a look and read through it.

No Problem.
Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.