My blog page won't load

I’m not sure what could have caused this… I just updated to the latest version of X theme and cornerstone, and now my blog page doesn’t load, the loading dots just keep going endlessly…

also the featured blog posts on my home page don’t have the images appear anymore, and when I try to click on a blog post directly to the post URL, it’s just a blank white page…

How do I fix this?

Hi there,

Please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Okay I’ve updated both the X Theme and cornerstone to the latest version…

And I’ve done that by disabling the plugins and trying them back one at a time… it still does not work…

What is an actual solution to get my blog to function properly again?

Hello @khairul100,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and can see that blog page is not loading. Further looking at the dev tools I see following error message:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).xsmartresize is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):324)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
(index):309 Uncaught TypeError: $container.xIsotope is not a function
    at (index):309
    at dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
    at r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)

It seems that something is preventing the blog page to load. As you have tested for plugin conflict already and to test things further we need permission from you as we are not allowed to fiddle with customer website. Please note that website layout may get affected temporarily while we are testing. To be on the safer side, I suggest you to setup and staging server and copy the website over there and then give us the login details of staging server. Here’s a resource to setup staging environment:

Thanks.

Okay so I’ve just tried deactivating all the plugins except cornerstone again, and this time it works! the blog page shows up correctly once again…

However it seems like now there’s yet another problem, I cannot even install any new plugins… I get this error message when I try to add new plug ins:

PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
[/quote]

How can we fix this?

Hi,

This error is most likely due to not enough storage space on your web server for WordPress to be able to unzip and upload the contents of the file.

Please contact your host and verify that you have enough storage for more plugins.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.