My Blog Disappeared when I updated X-Theme

Hello,

I just updated X-Theme to 6.0.4 and my blog disappeared and is saying this:

Nothing to Show Right Now
It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.

I can still go to individual posts like:http://www.genyfinanceguy.com/2018/03/10/money-is-the-tool-that-allows-us-to-live-well-and-give-well/

Can you please help me get my blog posts back?

Thanks,

Dom

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try re-generating your permalink settings by head over to Settings -> Permalinks section and then select the option ‘Postname’ and save the changes. Then try testing your Blog page again.

If that doesn’t help, try disabling your 3rd party plugins to see if there’s any plugin conflict. Then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin cause this issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,

I have tried the following with no success:

1. Re-generating my permalink settings as you mentioned.
  2. Disabling all plugins (still nothing).
  3. I also checked and looks like my Cornerstone plugin is all up to date.
  4. I did temporarily activate a different theme and the blog pages works just fine that way.

I have setup a temporary username and login for you to have access to my admin.

See secure note.

Please help! My blog has been down for about 12 hours now.

Dom

Hello,

It has been about 12 hours since your last response. I can’t afford for my blog to be down any longer. I was able to change from Icon to Integrity and that brought the blog back. Not sure what is wrong with Icon.

I would still like an answer when you figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Dom

Hey Dom,

We’re not sure what caused the issue. Do you have Icon only custom functions or templates? That is the only cause I can think of because it works in Integrity.

Our reply currently takes longer than usual because of the increased volume of queries. This usually happens after major update releases.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hey guys, not to hijack this post, but I’m having the same issue all of a sudden. I’ll make my own post, but wanted to chime in to let you know it’s not just Dom that this is happening to.

Hi @peasquared,

Thanks for writing in! It’s best if you create your own thread so we can take a closer look at your setup. If you’ve already created the post then please wait for your turn, we’ll get back to you shortly.

In the mean time, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.