My Achilles Heel --Questions about Fonts

Hello,

My client asked me to make the font size larger because on his (huge) screen they are too small. I’m in the Theme Options --> Typography and I see options for xs, s, m, lg, xl. Do those refer to fonts or screen sizes? What would you recommend as a size for a 27" monitor?

And does screen size take the screen resolution settings into consideration?

Finally what is the best way to manage fonts? Should I turn google fonts on? Or do it through the theme?

When working in CSS I always use the ‘em’ option instead of ‘px’ so it will scale relative to the original size. Is that good practice or should I be doing something else?

Can you point me to any good X-Theme tutorials for how to work with fonts?

Thank you!

Hey @kcostellomak,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) It is advisable that you set root font sizes for xs, s, m, lg and xl. Screens like 27" monitor will be getting the XL root font size. This root font size will also be used as the basis for the responsive typography which will display in the different screen sizes. To know more about responsive typography in our theme, please check this out:

2.) Yes, using em is the right way.

3.) If you need to use Google Fonts, then use it. You will have to manage your fonts using the Font Manager. To get familiar with the font manager, please check this out:

4.) If you ever want to use custom fonts, you might want to check this video tutorial:

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I will study the links you provided.

You’re always welcome! Glad @RueNel was able to help you here.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.