Multiple X issues blamed on Yoast for now

Hello,

As far as I can tell, Yoast broke my site in multiple places. I also added Expires to .htaccess but I think Yoast also modified the .htaccess in a way that rendered it unusable.

I’ve restored the .htaccess to resolve the “too many redirects” issue, then had to update my header toplink permalinks (by changing, then changing them back) to get them working (not 404’s).

I’ve disabled Yoast for now but would like to try it again…after a backup. It’s the latest version.

I have missing image references but I can fix these manually as it’s still a small site.

The issues I’d like help with are:
A. This page (https://strongsmartageless.com/about-us/) has the following error at the top: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/ssacom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/element-api.php on line 210

B. This page (https://strongsmartageless.com/ten-energizers/) has “Skip To Section” ID links that still work but are not visible. I tried adding the Inline Nav again, and changing the menu they show but this didn’t help.

For A. above I am about to delete the top elements and re-add them. For B. I can recreate the page from templates / scratch but I’d rather know the fault and fix in case something similar happens in the future.

Please note, in desperation to get the site back up, this morning I changed the nameservers back to there original working ones but I don’t think this caused my issues, since the multiple 301 redirects was fixed by deleting htaccess and the other issues are specific to site elements.

Thanks, Rob

Hi ROB,

I think you are having incompatibility issues. You’ve got Cornerstone 4.0.4 and X theme 6.5.6. That is the latest version of Cornerstone but not the latest version of X theme.
Please update X theme too. Clear all cache after then check all issues again.

Thank you, Updating X Theme fixed the Inline Nav and php line error.

I’ve reset the cache before but is it moved or missing in my X?

I’ve googled, searched the forum and found this article (https://docs.theme.co/article/99-site-appears-broken-after-updates) but can’t see where to clear the cache.

My X->Settings does not have a System section. Has it been moved or do I have a bug?

Hey There,

I’ve cleared the cache and re-enabled Yoast for you and everything seems to be in order now. Please let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Thank you, but I’d strongly prefer to re-enable plugins myself since I suspected it for causing a 301 redirect in the htaccess file… Perhaps just suggest I try re-enabling it in future.

Can you also please advise how you cleared the cache and which cache you mean? I see this is a common question in the forum. I’ve done it before but the option has either moved or eludes me

Hi Robert,

The cache is not probably related to redirects, but you can clear it in Admin > X > Status > Clear Style Cache and it’s for the styling only.

And if there is a redirect issue caused or implemented through htaccess, then removing it should fix it. But yes, please try deactivating them and enable them and see if the problem will return.

Thanks!

Thanks so much, I have to say support here it great…and patient and polite!

My link above for the cache in X >Settings must be out of date or have a typo - maintaining doc.theme.co must be painstaking.

For other users, at this stage I think (not sure) Yoast is to blame for causing a redirect error in the htaccess file. I’ll be sure to backup next time before toggling Yoast’s seperate htaccess file for redirects. Maybe Really SImple SSL doing the same caused a conflict.

Editing out recent additions (browser Expires) in the htaccess didn’t help the redirect problem until Yoast was disabled.

Yoast seems to be working now though, with htaccess “write” off.

You’re welcome in behalf of the team. Always our pleasure to help everyone here.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.