Multiple things

For most of the day, the +Topic button was not showing on this support forum. strange. now it’s showing up again.

While in the midst of editing a page’s content, not yet ready to hit the update page button I went on to another text section to edit and the editor screen just sits and doesn’t load the text box. So I opened a new window to check for updates to plugins. I’ve updated my X theme and got notice to update Yoast and Visual Bakery plugins so I selected those and clicked update. Now I’m getting a 502 error message and I can’t get into any admin pages. PLUS I can’t log in to my FTP to do any changes there either… it just times out. WTF is going on with this?

I can log into other websites admins and ftp no problem… all of which are hosted with the same provider as this problematic site that I’m currently working on.

Thanks for helping. Thanks thanks thanks.

Hello @Adubs777,

Thanks for writing in!

The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server. 502 Bad Gateway errors are completely independent of your particular setup, meaning that you could see one in any browser, on any operating system, and on any device.

Please check out this links:

I also checked your homepage and it is 10MB in file size with 118 requests. You can check more about your homepage from here: https://tools.pingdom.com/#59cf333f71c00000

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks, that didn’t really provide much solid evidence as to what caused this to happen. Everything was functioning well yesterday when editing some page content etc. and now this 502 error happened and before that the text block editor on the page content editor was in a constant trying to load state. I haven’t done anything out of the ordinary and for what it’s worth, the home page hasn’t changed in a couple of years and there isn’t a malfunctioning cause of problem with that. thanks.

Hey @adubs777,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

The 502 error cleared up now and I can edit page content again. thanks. I’ve got another issue happening with H3 font not displaying any different that paragraph font… but I’ll make a new thread for that. I thank you and appreciate your kindness.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.