Multiple problems: fronted conflicts, custom CSS not showing, etc

With every change you make, new problems occur. Having bought this licence ages ago, feel I need to use but no end of problems. Upgraded one site to Pro. Now always get “Front end conflict prevents display” The option for Custom CSS not longer appears (under Pro) (because adding to child theme css does not work with your theme - have to add under customizer). Clicking Customize goes back to Cornerstone.

1. How to make Custom CSS option appear under Theme Options? (since adding it to the Child Theme style css under editor makes no difference.

Hi There,

First of all we are extremely sorry that you are facing such kind of issue in our product.
I check the latest version of Pro and its working fine. The custom css panel also coming under customizer as well as the content builder.
I have attached screenshot doe that, please have a look.

I believe there is some issue in your installation. Can you please delete theme file and re-install fresh copy and Let us know if the issue still exist.

Thanks

No. It does not appear as you show it. Tiny button in lefthand margin. And now I cannot save any changes. In editor, why is “save” not working?

And why is the button not picking up the settings as per the theme options?

Hi There,

Can you post us your website credential in a secure note so that we can have a look on to the issue ?

Thanks

So how do I set the note to be secure?

There should be a secure note button near the bottom of your first post.

And yet another thing: Revolution Slider says it is not activated, so I cannot access various features. Yet I have installed it correctly.

I am in meltdown with your theme, which I used to love.

Never buying another licence, and all the new websites I have been building use other premium themes

Hi There,

I believe your site is not live yet ? I can see a default page in the domain. Please check and if possible giove us the WordPress admin details too.

Thanks

You are looking at the wrong one. We have changed from tidewaterfestival.ca to tidewaterpress.ca

Can you please send us your Login details to check the issue that you are facing.

Have sent via secure note.

Main problems:

1. system hangs so cannot save
  2. theme option settings not apply to builder elements (eg buttons) have to manually style each one
  3. Cannot use slider revolution fully because showing as unregistered
  4. Why does placing custom code via editor-childtheme-style.css not work?
  5. For future, Siteground always says cannot upgrade PHP because X-theme incompatible. Only way to upgrade PHP is to deactivate theme and plugins, upgrade, and then reactivate.

And I am sure there are a load of others - I found your theme great to use in the beginning, and now it has become a huge pain, with everything taking twice as long. Even setting font sizes has become a hugely complicated process, when it used to be straightforward.

Any help? Have not heard back since giving you my login details

Your login details are not working/ Please check and resend the updated details.

Thanks

resent log in details via secure note

Can you clarify? All premium sliders that are supposed to be included with Pro/X-theme ARE not registered? And we have to purchase them separately? Even though they show as active and installed, they are only “lite” versions. Is that right.

And now it is no longer possible to set the headings font???

In both Customize and Theme options, drop down menu just says “inherit” “body copy” or “headline”. Where can you set what font you want to use?

I am ready to give up, write off the money I wasted on a license and move on.

Either that or set absolutely everything via custom css, which kind of defeats the purpose of paying for a premium theme.

Hello There,

Sorry for the delay of the response. Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

1.) The custom css can be found in Pro > Launch > Options and in the left side panel.
You can check this out: http://prntscr.com/gwfvf0

2.) You maybe using the V2 button element where in each of the button has the advance controls. Please use classic button is you your button to follow the global theme option settings.

3.) Yes it will be unregistered because there is no license code and it is just bundled in X. If you want to install a demo slider, you will have to download it first and import it manually. You can get it from here: https://revolution.themepunch.com/free-slider-exchange/

To know more how we integrate Revolution slider and why it is not necessary to register it, please check this out:

4.) The child theme’s style.css is a place were you can add custom css. All your custom php functions should be added in functions.php file instead. You might also noticed that your custom css is not taking effect when being placed in the child theme’s style.css. That is because it is being overridden with the global settings in the customiser or theme options. The order of the styles taking place is this:

• Stack style
  • Child Theme’s style.css
  • WordPress’ Additional CSS
  • Global Settings (Customizer/Theme Option settings)
  • Customizer’s Custom CSS/ Theme Options Custom CSS
  • Cornerstone’s Custom CSS.

Most probably the custom css you added in the child theme was taken over by Global settings. And when that happen, you can add an additional class selector to your code so that it will not be overwritten. Take this for example:

.my-button-element {
  // some css styling here
}

When used in the child theme, you can make use of this:

.x-child-theme-active .my-button-element {
  // some css styling here
}

Please understand that Pro theme is good for intermediate and advanced user, designers and developers because you have full control for almost every section or element. If you just want one global setting like for the buttons, you should be using the classic elements instead. And if Pro is way too complicated, X theme is good for beginners and intermediate users who would want easier set up in creating the page.

Hope this helps.

I was kinda pleased to see I didn’t write that, cause it looked exactly like what I ‘wanted’ to write, hahaha! (Great answers once you finally answered him though, beneficial to many I’m sure)