Multiple Javascript errors popping up in Inspect Element

Dear ThemeCo Team,

I would like to request for your help. My website development team (Toplinemedia Team) has informed me that they have gone through the knowledge base and performed your suggested measures but those things did not work to fix the problem that caused my website to break.

Therefore, they decided to perform their own investigation and below is the investigation report submitted by my website development team. Can you please help me on this one. This is my first time handling a business website, I have no knowledge about website production. What I did was to hire Toplinemedia to create the website for me. They instructed me to buy X themes from ThemeCo website which I did. Now, we are having issues.

I am hoping to hear from you.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Valerie Go

Summary of Work
Toplinemedia Team
Friday 8/3/2018
Developer: Owen Bick
We tried multiple methods to fix the issue. After the site was updated there were multiple Javascript
errors that were popping up in Inspect Element that we weren’t sure were causing the problem.
We started troubleshooting through the typical common issues, flushing cache, clearing cloudfare,
checked on PHP version and plugin and browser compatibility etc.
We Googled solutions and searched Stack Overflow discussions, we implemented every solution to fix the
Javascript errors and to no avail. We were trying to find a permanent solution to the problem. Still,
nothing.
As a possible solution, we devised writing a simple script that would make the mobile menu operate
correctly:
jQuery(‘a.x-btn-navbar’).on(‘click’,function(){
var targ = jQuery(this).data(‘target’);
jQuery(targ).toggleClass(‘collapse’);
});
This solution was not viable; didn’t make the dropdown with the icons work correctly.
Spending the allowed time to investigate, we decided it was best to revert the site back to its original state
before the update was performed. An inspection of the site in this version shows that those Javascript
errors are not there.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

You are using an older version of the theme and Cornerstone. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (since you have installed W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

And if after the updates the issue still persist, please provide us access so that we can investigate further.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello RueNel,

Thank you so much for your prompt response!

I went back to my website development team to share with them your advice. They have already tried updating the theme and cornerstone but it did break the website so they went back to the old version to keep the site running.

When you mentioned that you can investigate further, can you clarify what you meant by providing you access? Sorry for this question as I am not knowledgeable about websites and programs.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hello @thai,

Thanks for replying. I would like to ask for your guarantee that my site will not be affected while you do the investigation. Perhaps you can do a development environment so my site will be safe. (this was suggested by my website development team, Toplinemedia Team). When my website development team updated my website using the new X themes I purchased, the website broke and they did charge me per hour of their work to bring the site to the old version. I would like to make sure that I will not incur additional cost to have it fixed again if you do something to the website. Can you please give me a guarantee that my site will not be affected while you are doing the investigation?

Thank you!

Hi Valerie,

Please clone the site on a development environment where we can do troubleshooting, this way your live site will be kept as is while we investigate.

Provide us login credentials in a secure note.

• Link to your development site
  • /wp-admin with admin rights.
  • FTP credentials

Thank you,

Hello @friech,

Thank you for your quick response. I really appreciate the support you have provided.

However, I have decided not to pursue the investigation because cloning the site on a development environment would mean my website development team will charge me additional cost for cloning the site. They have already charged me $75/hr of their service. In total they charged me 4 hours to do their investigation and fix the site when it broke. They informed me that they will charge me again if they do the dev environment, and if something happens to the site again, I don’t want to spend more to have it fixed.

With this, would you be able to give me a refund for the X theme I purchased (I only purchased this because I was told by my web dev team to buy it). Otherwise, I would understand.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best,
Valerie

Hey Valerie,

We’re sorry to hear that. But yes, setting up a staging site takes some time so that is not a part of our support service either. But, just note that having a staging site is a best practice in web development. If you want to do this yourself, here’s a guide you can follow.

Can you clarify exactly where those “multiple Javascript errors” are showing? Please give us screenshots and also WordPress admin and FTP access in a Secure Note. We will check your setup only and not touch anything. I’ll leave a note for my colleagues for that.

Regarding refunds, it is Themeforest that handles that. You would need to submit a refund request to them. Please visit this link for more details.

Thanks.

Hello @christian_y,

Thanks for replying. I understand that staging a site is not part of your support. I do appreciate the link you gave me. I will go through it. Maybe I could create one for myself. For now, all the issues pertaining to my website is being handled by my web dev team as I am not knowledgeable when it comes to this.

Regarding your requests, I would like to give them to you but this would mean I will have to ask my dev team to prepare all this information and at this point I do not want to bother them already. I also do not have access to WordPress admin (it is with my dev team). If you would like to gain more information on this, you may contact Toplinemedia Team for this.

Thank you so much for providing the link for the refund. I will go ahead and check the link for more details.

At this point, everything is clear. I have no further questions. Thank you so much for your time and patience assisting me.

Best,
Valerie

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.