Multi-language site

hi,
I am about to set up a multi-language site and wanted to check in before doing so.
I haven’t yet set up a PRO site, so this will be my first one, after many other themeco X sites.
I want to use PRO so I can place the logo to the very far left.
to the right I want it to be like the screenshot (see below).
different languages, and then a superfly menu to the right of that.

I am reading the WPML is the best way to go, but there were bugs. Is this now definitely the case?
It is not the theme I am wanting to translate, it is the pages.
And when someone is on one section, say ‘About’ and they click on a different language I want the web visitor to see the same ABOUT page, but then in the desired language.

And I’m a bit worried about the language links next to the superfly menu. Is this even possible?

thank you for your insights.
catherine

Hello Catherine,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

We have users who use WPML with Pro and it seems to be working great for them. Pro theme has been developed using the guidelines laid out by the WordPress community. It uses modern open source frameworks and libraries
we have developed internally to be complatible with the growing WordPress plugin ecosystem. With each release of Pro we are working hard to fix known and internally tested bugs and compatibility issues that includes WPML plugin. So i don’t think there should be any issues while using WPML with Pro. You can also checkout following articles for alternatives too:

Also can you please elaborate the question you have related with Superfly menu and the screenshot you have shared?

Thanks.

hi, This is very good information, thank you. I’ll check out the plugins, but to date I’ve read that WPML is the best way to go.
As far as the superfly menu and the languages. See the screenshot I sent:
is it possible to have a “normal” menu with EN / ES (so English, Spanish) and then next to that a Superfly menu? Or is that once you implement the Superfly menu, that is the only option and it is not possible to have a second menu (the normal WP way) next to it.
Or possible with customisation?

Hi there,

You can do some template file customization for that.

You can find more information about the theme customization here:

The file you will need to override is _nav-primary.php which you can find in /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.