MP4 videos all broken on site

Hi, since the theme has been updated all my MP4 videos have stopped working (just displayed as broken) on my website. Can you please advise what should I can do…

Hey Tony,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL of the page where you have a video. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Please also ensure X and Cornerstone is up to date. Before updating, please check and follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins.

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the url. I have inspected the page and it seems that the one in questioned is coming from a 3rd party plugin. It has return an error message “Your browser does not support the video tag.”

The one video in the sidebar that uses the X video shortcode is working perfectly. The other 4 video at the bottom does not and this is coming from a 3rd party plugin. I am not sure the name of this plugin. I would recommend that you find out if there is an update for this plugin as well. If not, you may contact the creators of this plugin and inform them about the issue as we are not familiar with their plugin.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks. Can you help me by telling me what plugin is showing the error. I have tried switching most of them off but no luck yet. Thanks

Hello There,

At the moment, we do not have an idea which of your plugin is causing it. Most probably the plugin that is used to display those videos. How did you add those videos by the way? Would you mind providing us your WP access so that we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have inspected your site and it seems that you have an issue with WooCommerce eCard plugin. This plugin is in charge of displaying the videos. Please reach out to the creators of this plugin for further assistance.

And also, I just noticed that your video is redirected to an image. Perhaps this is the reason why the video is not displaying. Please check your redirect or hot link settings maybe you have added one.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.