Moving Cornerstone Content from X Theme to Cornerstone Plugin

Hello,

We have a client who is currently using the X theme, but they want to merge the content into a different site not using X theme. I purchased the Cornerstone standalone plugin, but it seems that the shortcodes aren’t aligning and styles aren’t working either even if I manually change the shortcode.

For instance, in the X theme, the client has used the [button] shortcode, but when browsing the plugin files in Cornerstone, the actual shortcode is [x_button].

Is there an easy way to migrate this content to the new theme?

Hello Eddie,

Thanks for writing in!

You will need to migrate the contents to the new site using Cornerstone. You are not supposed to edit the shortcodes manually. Please check out this article to know more about migrating the contents:

And if you only have a few contents to migrate, you can simply do the following:

• Edit the existing page (in X theme site) back in Cornerstone and save it as a Cornerstone template.
  • Go to X > Templates and export the newly saved Cornerstone template to your computer
  • In the non X theme site:
  • Go to Cornerstone > Templates and import that Cornerstone template you have saved in your computer.
  • Go to Pages and create a new page.
  • Edit the page in Cornerstone and load the template you have imported.

Hope this makes sense.

Hello,

This page isn’t very helpful for my situation. We don’t want to do an entire database migration. Just transfer page/post content. Is there a way to convert the shortcodes from X to cornerstone? We’ve upgraded to the cornerstone content within the X theme. so it would seem that the sites would be compatible, but the shortcodes are different. Is there a setting to add a prefix to the shortcodes?

Hi Eddie,

Regretfully, there is no easy way to convert shortcode, but you can do a “find and replace” either manually or with a plugin.

You can use the Tools > Import / Export for importing and exporting posts. Since the new site uses a different Theme from where the posts are exported, it is understandable that it will have different styling. Generally you need to adjust/change this styling within your theme.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.