Moved Site = Missing Items

Hey everyone and thanks so much for all your help getting this site done. It was done and perfect, then we moved it from websitename.com/newsite to simply websitename.com

They move went smoothly except for two areas, the Recent Items section and Footer sections went bye bye. Interestingly both sections are edited in the Appearance - Widget section so I do not know if that is a clue, I was able to pull the Recent Items section back in under the Main Sidebar section but it does not look like how it did originally, i.e. it showed images with red mouse over effects instead of just text. I think some CSS might have been edited in these areas but not 100% sure, is that a clue too possibly? The footer sections are just gone, we had three footer sections so text, links and names are gone. Any idea where we might find these things or how they went missing? I appreciate your sherlock holms talents! :wink: PS I was not the one (not smart enough to know how) to move the site so please allow me time to get answers back to you, I will share this page with webmaster though. Thanks!

Hi There,

Please let us know which process you took to migrate your site.

I would suggest using the plugin All In One Migration.

Hope it helps!

Thank you. I think rather than try to re-transfer the site I am just rebuilding the missing areas. To that end I am in Appearance > Widgets and trying to edit the Footer 1,2 and 3 but when I do it will not let me and just says “Widgetized Footer Area” I do not know what this means. Any ideas? Did this break someone thru the transfer?

Hi There,

Widgetized Footer Area is just a placeholder text, that’s not an issue. Yup just rebuild your widget areas (footer/sidebar), your widget might have been corrupted on the migration process as I don’t see any Inactive widget, on the inactive list.

But if you notice more missing content, I advise, if you still have the dev site (websitename.com/newsite) intact, please redo the migration and follow the guide provide here.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.