Moved Settings, but Site isn't working

Hello,
I am trying to migrate my theme settings from my development site to my live site, but everything seems to be broken.
Could you please help?
Thank you
EDIT: Reverted to my original site/theme until this can be resolved.

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! If you want to copy over the X theme settings from dev to the live site, please make sure that you copy the child theme from your dev site to the live site first. After activating the child theme, log in to your dev site and go to X > Overview > Customizer Manager. You need to download the XCS (X Customer Settings) file. And then login to your live site and go to X > Overview > Customizer Manager. You will have to import the XCS file you have downloaded from the dev site.

Please let us know how it goes.

So all I install x theme and the child theme first then import the XCS file?

When you say copy, do you mean to install your x-child.zip and add the appropriate functions I used in the test site?

Thank you.

Hi there,

It might be that the migration was not done correctly or there are steps that are missed.

Have you tried checking out our Migration Guide? It would be best to follow the suggestion on this page to make sure that the site was migration correctly.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I’m not trying to migrate cornerstone or anything.
My live site is already active and using another theme. I’m trying to launch x theme on the live site.
When I install x theme and the child theme, it doesn’t look like what it should. Instead of the three horizontal lines on mobile, I see a ‘Navigation’ button with all the submenus open for some reason. Also, the site title is there when it should be hidden (no option to hide it either). The fixed header menu is glitchy. The posts don’t look as they should in the integrity stack.
Thank you.

Hi There,

The given credentials are too limited.

It doe not seem like you are using X

Please check on WP Admin | Appereance | Themes if X is active.

if that does not solve please provide us full admin credentials

Thank you

Hi,

I have now provided admin credentials and have already explained why I’m not currently using x theme.
I can’t have a theme that isn’t working properly on my current site because it is live.

Thank you.

Where do you find XCS file? I have looked throughout my account in APEX/Themeco/ThemeForest.

Hi There,

Please try turning off all your performance and cache plugins and loading X again.

Thank you

Okay, and will I be able to turn them back on afterwards?
Is there a way you could give me the exact instructions? From start to finish?
I do not want to something to go wrong and have the site go down because of it.
Thank you.

Hi There,

If your site start to work as expected you can adjust the plugin settings if possible - and since thy are third party plugins you have to do the research on your own - or keep them off.

Nothing will break on your site.

Thank you

Thanks, but could you give me clear instructions from start to finish?
Like disable those plugins, install the themes?
Copy child theme as in, installing the child.zip from themeco? Or to actually copy-paste the child folder through ftp?
I want to make sure everything is done right.
Oh, and the plugins have no problem with the theme since they work on the dev site. I just don’t understand why that would be the problem when there wasn’t a problem on the dev site.
Thank you.

Hi There,

Upon further checking your website you are using Cloudfare.

Please turn off Cloudfare Minification

For more information about how to setup cloudfare correctly in orderto work with X please take a look on this article.

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope it helps!

Thank you, turning off minification worked.

Great! It’s good to know that it has worked for you.
If you need anything else, please let us know.