Move menu to stop - Icon stack

Hi all

I am trying to move the menu to the very top of the page, above the banner. I still want it docked (static) to the top when the user scrolls down the page.

I have tried many of the posts I can find, including those that suggest adding or editing wp-header.php, but can’t get any of them to work.

I have installed and activated the child theme as directed. Can anyone assist?

Cheers

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, menus are default on the top of the page unless you have a topbar and/or your navigation & logo layout is set to stacked. Navbar position can be set as static top under Theme Options > Header.

Please provide us your site URL so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi @friech, and thanks for the reply.

Don’t quite think you get what I mean. I want the menu to be the very topmost element on the page, above the logo. By default, it is under the logo. I know about the ‘inline’ and ‘stacked’ options. I effectively want it stacked, but with the menu above the logo.

Site URL is http://www.ss-webdev.co.uk/gg-dev/

I see. Regretfully, that is not a feature offered in X. It could be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support. You might want to use Pro theme instead which has a header builder.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Please check this customization guide. The file that is responsible for displaying menu and logo is on this folder: \wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\ _navbar.php. Copy that file on the same folder on your child theme. Create the folder if it doesn’t exist. We can see on the code that there’s filter if it’s stacked or not. Just move the structure to achieve what you want.

Hope this helps.

Perfect! Thank you @Lely, that has done exactly what I wanted.

Many thanks

You’re most welcome.