Move blog post title above featured image

Hi all,

I want to move the blog title to above the featured image.

Is there a setting for this?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully there is no option or setting where you can easily swap the blog title and the featured image. This can only be possible with custom modification of the template. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After setting up the child theme, please provide us your site url or let us know what stack you are using so that we can provide a detailed and step by step process of doing the slight change.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hmm, ok - let me try that

In meantime is there a way to put a gap between the header and the blog post? Specifically just for all blog posts?

Hi There @kenwen

Are you referring to the Blog index page or single blog posts ? Could you please provide us with the URL to your referenced page, so that we can check and provide a custom CSS workaround.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I want the single blog posts to have a gap between the header and the blog post itself

The featured image is right up against the header so ideally I want the image lower

Hi There,

Could you please try adding the following CSS rule and see if that is what you’re looking for. You can add it into your Customizer, Custom > Edit Global CSS area.

.single-post .x-container > .offset {
    margin-top: 70px;
}

Hope that helps.

Almost perfect :slight_smile:

Is there a simple way to align it with the right sidebar? Or is it just going to be moving the margin down bit by bit?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Could you please try adding the following CSS rule also and see.

.single-post .entry-featured{
  margin-top: 0!important;
}

Thanks!