Most Recent Version of X?

Hello X Team,

I don’t know if I have the most recent version of X. I am not seeing the front and back layer feature options in sections and a lot of other things. Can you please take a look? More information to follow…

Hi @bluetroop2,

You have the latest version of theme. See this guide to check latest version of theme and all other bundled/supported plugins.

Regarding front and back layer feature, are you referring to background options? I went ahead on X > Settings and then set Advance Mode to Always On

You should be able to see it now on V2 Sections. Please note that existing classic section doesn’t have this option. When you add a new section, you can see it once Advance option is ON

Yes, I see you had done that, but I do not see the same capabilities that I see on other X sites I’m working on. Please see my screenshot. There is only one background option. I need two layers (back video and front color screen) Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

See, this is what I want…

Hi @bluetroop2,

Thank you for clarifying! The site with less options looks like it is using older versions of our layout elements (Classic Sections). It was likely created before the advanced background feature existed. Regretfully we don’t have an automatic conversion process since the elements are quite different in nature, but you could create new sections and move the elements into them.

I’m confused. Wouldn’t I have them with the new updates of X as they come out?

Hi @bluetroop2,

Yes, you have the V2 Section with the new update. Try adding a new section to your page and you’ll see that two-layer (advance) background feature.

What Alex is saying is, this page of yours is using the CLASSIC SECTION

So maybe this page was built before the V2 Section was introduced.

Unfortunately, there is no automatic way of converting the CLASSIC SECTION to V2 Section, so you need to do the conversion manually.

What you can do is add a new (V2) section underneath your old (classic) section, and then drag/move all your content on that new (V2) section. Once you have all the elements moved to new section, you can then delete the old sections.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

I understand now. You explained it better. Thank you for your help.

Glad that we could be of help :slight_smile:.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.