Modern Events Calendar updates

I installed MEC on my site through the X control panel.

Wordpress says there is an update available for MEC (I have 2.1.0 installed; the update is 2.2.0).

But I don’t see any way to update MEC. MEC settings for “activation” say “unverified”.

Is this just an issue with X theme and I should wait until Themeco approves the updated version of MEC, or should I be doing something different?

Thanks!

Also, when I go to create a “location” within MEC, the “address” field quickly gets greyed out with the (barely readable) text, “Oops! Something went wrong”.

Update: I discovered the issue with the “address” problem above: this happens when there’s no Google Maps API key entered in the MEC settings. So I’ve fixed that problem.

But there’s a new problem or at least a problem I’ve just noticed: MEC conflicts with Cornerstone. With MEC activated, I’m unable to edit a page with Cornerstone. Instead I just get a Cornerstone window with page names on the left and the Cornerstone logo on the right. If I click “edit” on any of the pages on the left, it loads the page on the right, but doesn’t show any of the editing tools.

If I deactivate MEC, Cornerstone works fine.

1 Like

Hey there,

Please ignore the update notification for now and please do the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date (except for MEC) according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Cornerstone works fine with MEC activated in my test site so the issue might be unique on your end. I know you said MEC conflicts with Cornerstone but there could be other plugins that might be part of the conflict as well so please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If nothing helps, please enable WP Debug and give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel in a Secure Note. Also keep all third party disabled or at least give us permission to deactivate plugins.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.