Modern Events Calendar unable to update

There is a new version of Modern Events Calendar available. View version 4.4.7 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.

I am unable to update this plugin. looked through forums regarding update issues. most recent post from 2018.

please advise.

Thank you
jane

Hi Jane,

Thanks for reaching out.

We do provide automatic updates for bundled plugins like MEC, but it’s only up to the version we have tested which currently the 4.4.6. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

You can update to 4.4.7 once we provide it through an automatic update. But, you can always update to 4.4.7 or any latest version right away as provided the plugin author once you buy a license from them. It’s the limitation of bundled plugins versus the plugins provided directly by the authors.

Thanks!

You really didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. And no, I"m not going to purchase a license from them. It’s bundled with X-Theme, one of the reasons to purchase the Theme. This is one of many ongoing issues with this plugin and it’s been going on for quite some time.

Couple suggestions for you all…
Don’t bundle plugins that have ongoing issues with X-Theme.
Don’t tell us to purchase a license. It’s offensive.
If i purchased a license, you would then say you don’t offer support outside of X-Theme.

Hello @janequade,

Sorry for the confusion.

Please be advised that latest supported version of MEC in the theme is up to 4.4.6 only. Yes, the creators of the plugin have released a newer version which is 4.4.7. This new version is still not available through automatic updates with our Theme.co plugin repository because we are still testing for conflict and incompatibility issues with this release. Once we are done with testing, it will be available soon. I will also bump the person in charge with plugin testing so that we can fast track the updates to the said plugin.

Please bear with us. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.