Modern Events Calendar / Pro - something changed

It appears something has recently changed in how X/Pro interacts with Modern Events Calendar. The formatting on an event details page that I created yesterday is significantly different from one that was created a couple of weeks ago. Upon examining the code, I found that several layers of <div> tags have appeared between the event title and the description. For example, here is what they used to look like:

`

{Event Title}

{Event Detail Text}

{Second paragraph of event detail}

`

Now anything I add comes out like this:

`

{Event Title}

{Event Detail Text}

{Second paragraph of event detail}

`

This is causing a lot of formatting problems, extra white space, and unusual indents. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to make it look like it did previously?

BTW, I’m running Wordpress 5.1.1, Pro 2.4.7, and MEC 3.3.0.

Thank you!

Hey Christine,

It looks like some HTML code is broken in your site. I don’t have that issue in my test site.

Please do check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, please switch to the parent theme.

6. Please check areas where you’ve added custom HTML like Text elements.

It’s important that you check all of them as those are the common factors that cause layout issues. Only if none of the listed solutions work, give us the page URL and WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I was running the “stability release” of Pro and was reluctant to update because of some other issues I had observed, but I made the changes you suggested on our staging site and it seems to have resolved the problem. Thank you for your quick response and have a great day!

• Chris

Glad to hear everything is fine now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.