Modern Events Calendar Page Not Working After Updating X Theme and Cornerstone

Hi, I did a website a few months ago using the Modern Events Calendar and it was all working fine until I did the update to X Theme and Cornerstone. The page which it displays the upcoming events won’t even load - it only displays the topbar. I’ve turned off the plugins to test for conflicts and there isn’t any. I turned off the Modern Events Calendar and the page displays ok (just showing the shortcode in its place) but the header, slider and footer are displayed.

Can you take a look for me please, as I haven’t installed any new plugins, it was just after doing the update to the theme that this issue has occurred.

https://www.thegeorgeatkilsby.co.uk/entertainment-events/

Thanks

Hi There @core365

Thanks for writing in! Upon testing, I can confirm your issue on my end as well and also I can see the following error on the console log.

TypeError: $(...).datepicker is not a function

If you have used a V2 element to insert your shortcode, could you please try testing again by placing it on a classic text element and see if that works.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to test this issue further.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for checking it! The shortcode was already in the Classic Raw Content element, so I tried it in V2 Text element and also Classic Text but nothing works.

I’ll include the admin details in a secure note for you.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Please try updating X to version 6.1.5 and Cornerstone to 3.1.5? Please make sure to clear your cache then check the page.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, I’ve updated to the latest versions X 6.1.5 and Cornerstone 3.1.5 and then emptied my cache and I still get the same problem with the page not displaying anything apart from the topbar.

Cheers

Hi @core365

I managed to narrow down this issue to the style “Accordion”, if you changed this style to any other style, you will get the events page loaded fine.

I’ve reported this issue to our team, although it doesn’t sound to be related to X or Pro theme (as it happens on the default theme as well), perhaps they will manage to report it to MEC plugin author.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for finding out what’s causing it, it’s much appreciated!

Also, if you are going to be reporting it back to MEC plugin author, then when you click on an event to view the details, it’s taking ages for the info to load up, so somethings not quite right with that as it never used to do that before either.

Thanks!

Hi @core365

Thanks for mentioning that as well, will make sure to pass this information.

Have a great day!

Ok, great! I tried to raise a support ticket myself to the author, but you need to have bought it direct as it asks for a purchasing code and the one I have is for X Theme!

Have a fab day too!

I’m also having the same issue with accordeon. PLease post here when this is solved. Thx!

Hi @yanikphoto and @core365,

No problem. We’ll try to update this thread soon as this ticker is okay already.

Feel free to follow up this thread.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.