Modern Events Calendar Issues

Issue 1: I indicated already that the shortcode for countdown counter does not work for style=1
Issue 2: Somewhere I think they have screwed up the internal current date. For my countdown shortcode it says to use the next upcoming event. It just started skipping the event that is not till Friday and is showing the event for Saturday. (Now Thursday Jan 25th 8:45P)

Issue 3: They got quite lazy and sort of hard-coded SI units. I went into the PHP code and edited this to reflect US units. To be done correctly this would need to be part of their setup for preferred units for the event.

Item 4: On the event details page I default to list view which is fine. If I click on yearly view the dropdown shows correctly Jan 2018, but the calendar actually starts at 1970… If you click the dropdown to 2019 and than back to 2018 it displays correctly. I would say that their testing is VERY sub standard to miss some of these obvious items.

Any Ideas? Check out KCOTB.ORG you will see on the front page the upcoming event. Being displayed as Style = 2 instead of 1. Cornerstone shows it properly when you are editing the page.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note? I like to test it first. For the meantime, have you tried it outside the slider?

Thanks!

Rad, Sent a few days back. Did it make it to you?

Hey Tom,

It sounds like you’ve sent it personally to @Rad. Please post it in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hey Tom,

The given credentials does not work. Please check.

I checked your site and saw that the countdown timer is working. Can you give us more details on how to replicate the issue you’re seeing?

Thanks.

Check secure note again. I mistyped in there.
The issue with the countdown is that I need Style 1 and on the slider it is rendering style 2. In cornerstone it shows properly so if you edit the home page with cornerstone you will see what I am indicating. The other key item that may be harder to see is the next available event stops displaying an event the day before the event instead of the day after. I think I set this to be on event end. Even if it triggered off of event start that would be fine. The only thing I can think of is the internal clock that is triggering this may be on a different time zone.

Hi there,

Thank you for getting the login information. I went to your website and accessed MEC Calendar Shortcodes. I clicked on the countdown shortcut there and found out that you have set the countdown to style 1 as you mentioned:

I copied the shortcode and added a new page, then I pasted the shortcut there. The Countdown is showing correctly on the test page:

https://kcotb.org/?page_id=1563

I think the problem is originated from the fact that you added the shortcode to the Revolution Slider. It seems that you cannot use the countdown shortcode inside the slider.

For the other points please open up a separate thread for each one. Give us details information on each case with the username and password and files that you should check. Also, give us the steps to recreate the issue in our installation. We will not be able to correct the problem but at least we can create a complete bug report which we will contact the MEC developers and give the report.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Please kindly check the Secure Note.

I am not sure if some thing updated. I have not been in the site in about a week. What is getting me now is following google on manual deactivation of plugin does not work. I rename plugin folder it allows me in. (strange though it does not seem to recognizance the X theme at all.) Rename plugin folder back and it goes right back to the same behavior. Admin screen re-directs to main page with no opportunity to edit.

Hi,

I tried and I am able to login to wordpress dashboard without any issue.

Try to clear your browser cache and cookies then check again.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Thanks

Yes, I did a complete removal of the broken system (wiped the entire domain free) and brought it back from my backups. Just a reminder to everyone MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP frequently. I had long talks with my hosting company and they have very little knowledge of wordpress or even their servers. I have no idea what triggered this event. I disabled all plugins and themes and still could not get anything but a blank dashboard.

I highly recommend Updraft Plus which allowed for a very easy restoration. All backup safely stored on my google cloud.

Hey Tom,

It sounds like something got corrupted. Glad you have restored a backup successfully.

Thanks for sharing.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.